Sunday, September 14, 2014
Macaroni 1 cup
Boil macaroni as per instruction on the packet. I boiled until i have soft macaroni's and strained the water. Keep aside.
Plain flour 3 tbsp
Butter 3 tbsp
Garlic 3 chopped
White Cheddar cheese grated 1/4 cup
Oregano 1 tbsp
Milk 1 cup
When butter bubbles up add garlic. Saute garlic until garlic leaves nice aroma. Add oregano and cheese.
Saute until cheese melts. Add plain flour. Again saute for 3-4 minutes and add milk.
Keep on whisking so that lumps are not formed.
Once the sauce thickens not so thick. Add the boiled macaroni. Mix well.
Take a pie plate. Spread butter.
Spread macaroni in the pie plate.
Sprinkle 3 tbsp of White cheddar cheese and sprinkle 3 tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
Bake in the oven until the top turns into brown in colour. I baked it for 10-15 minutes on 175 degrees Celsius.
Serve hot or can be packed it for lunch.
Sunday, September 07, 2014
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp Honey
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 cup milk
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F
- Core and slice the apples. In a think pan, heat the oil and butter. When butter starts to foam saute apples for two minutes
- Add honey and cinnamon. Cook until apple start to turn golden brown. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Beat egg and milk. Add flour and beat well
- Grease a pie pan with butter. Spread the sauteed apples.
- Pour the batter over the apples.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Cut into wedges and serve warm with maple syrup.
Monday, September 01, 2014
Cooked rice 2 cup
Curry leave 1/4 cup
Oil 4 tbsp
Rai /4 tsp
Channa dal 1/4 tbsp
Onions 1 sliced finely
How to make it
Take oil in a pan. When hot add rai and channa dal.
When channa dal turns to light brown colour add curry leaves and onions.
Sprinkle salt and fry onions till they are pink in colour.
Add sesame seeds. Fry for 2 minutes.
Add rice. Mix well.
This can be done with left over rice. Can be served in lunch box.