" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Monday, August 13, 2012

Besan Dahi Phulki





When i was in dubai i regularly used to eat at pakistani restaurant.I love pakistani food and the best are their kababs and parathas.I used to watch pakistani cookery shows too in Ary channel which i miss here.Few days back i was browsing a pakistani website zaiqa.com.They have the cooking videos telecasted on tv.I came across Besan Dahi Phulki.This recipe is quite similar to Pakore Wali Kadhi in my blog.I searched the web for a written recipe which i didnt get,so i watched the entire show,wrote the ingredients and the recipe.

I made this as a side dish to go with Capsicum rice.I loved the combo but it depends on once taste.This can be eaten as evening snack,that's what my kids did.They ate the left over in the evening.

Ingredients:-

Besan/Senagapindi 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Cooking soda a pinch
Pepper 1 tbsp
Oil for deep frying
A bowl with warm water (to soak the pokaras in it)

How to make pakoras 

Mix besan with 1/2 cup of water and let it rest for 1-2 hours.If you think batter is too thick then  little water can be added.

After 1-2 hours add salt,cooking soda and pepper.Mix well.

Heat oil.Drop besan into small rounds into the hot oil and fry until golden brown colour.

Take a bowl with warm water and leave the pakoras in the water.

Now make dahi.

Dahi/yogurt/perugu 2 cups
Salt very little
Red chilly powder 1/2tsp
Roasted cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder 1/2 tsp

Oil for tadka/talimpu

Cumin seeds/zeera 1/4 tsp
Red chillies 3nos
Curry leaves few

Whisk dahi until smooth and add very little salt.

Then add amchur powder,red chilly powder and cumin powder.

Squeeze water from pakoras and leave them in the curd.

Take a small pan add oil.Once hot add zeera,red chillies and curry leaves.Once they are fried  pour the takda on the curd.

Sprinkle chaat masala and coriander leaves.

Let it rest for 2-3 hours before being served.



8 comments:

  1. Its yummy. love to taste it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it and I think its easy enough for the likes of me to make toooo :)


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  3. never had this but your post sounds so interesting...looks good too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious looking phulkis. Also, Happy Independence day to you and your family .
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely recipe..:)) Bookmarked..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog