" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Friday, February 13, 2015

Aloo and Spring onion rice


When i was doing my post graduation i had to leave house at 7.30 am and my mom used to make this quick lunch for me. Doesn't call for many ingredients but yummy in taste. I send this for my kids lunch and they too like it a lot. I just added chopped spring onion to my mom recipe. Here is the recipe :-


Ingredients:-

Cooked Rice 2 cups
Turmeric a pinch
Onion 1 sliced
Green chillies 2 silted
Curry leaves few
Potato 2 sliced into thin pcs
Black pepper 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Spring onion 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Oil 4 tbsp

Method:-

Take oil in a pan. Add curry leaves, onions and green chillies.

Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder as it speeds the frying.

Once onions are fried add potato pieces.

Cover and cook until potato are cooked and fried (should be in light brown colour).

Add rice,pepper and spring onions.

Mix gently and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog