Before marriage my mom used to get these always when there is a birthday at home and my younger sister loves this.Next time when i visit my mom will make these for her.Here is the recipe given by srivalli .:-
Milk 1 liter for making panner and 1/2 liter for milk syrup
Lemon 2 tbsp
Sugar 6 tbsp for sugar syrup and 3 tbsp for milk syrup
Water 1 big glass of water
Corn flour 1 tbsp
Cardamom 1 crushed
Almonds grated 4-5
Safforn (optional and my addition)
- Boil milk.Add lemon and boil till it breaks
- Strain the curdle milk in a strainer,run through the water so that the taste of lemon goes off.Then wrap in a cloth and hang it,so that all the water drips out
- Take a cooker,add water and sugar.Let it boil for sometime.
- Knead the panner and corn flour for 5-8 minutes or till your hands are oily.Make small size balls and slightly press on the top.Be careful when making balls and they tend to increase the size when cooked.So always make small size balls.
- Slowly drop these balls in the boiling sugar syrup.And close the cooker and wait till u get one whistle and switch of the stove.
- Remove the balls and squeeze the water. Keep aside.
- Take the 1/2 liter of milk and boil till it is reduced to half.
- Add sugar and cardamom .Mix well.
- Slowly add the panner balls to the milk syrup and switch off the stove.
- Let it cool and refrigerate it.Sprinkle almonds and pista when serving.