" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Sunday, January 05, 2014

Nacho Chips


 I have been living outside India for 8 years but i didn't develop liking to other international cuisines, only exception mcdonalds, KFC, Subway and Pizza. Pizza too i prefer normal veg or chicken pizza...no goat cheese or other ingredients which i am not used to. There is one fast food chain by name Taco bell. When we came here last year we didn't had car and we used to use buses for our commute. Once we got down at a bus stop and younger daughter was hungry. She said we will try Taco bell, i was against it but has to listen to kids and that too when the kid said i am hungry. We went and ordered burritos and nacho chips. My kids are also like me they don't eat other cuisines apart from what i mentioned above. I was forced to eat burritos and that was first and last time i ate that. Coming to Nacho chips kids liked it so do I.

Elder daughter always asks for nacho chips but we never went to Taco bell after that. For Christmas husband got a goodies bag and there were quite a few items which i don't use in my kitchen nor we eat them. Planning to give them to a food bank. There is one such item which says corn tortillas  .Googled it to check what can be done with that. Bang on i got a recipe for Nacho chips and it was great hit with kids and myself. I liked the easy recipe and can be made to our taste.Very simple and easy to prepare it and can be served with dip of your choice. I used our green chutney and sweet chutney to get that desi taste.

Corn tortillas 3
Oregano 2-3 tbsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Chilly flakes 2-3 tbsp
Salt to taste

Method:-

Cut tortillas into triangles. One tortilla will get around 8 triangles. Apply oil on each triangle. Sprinkle oregano,red chilly flakes and salt.

Arrange them on a baking tray. Bake for 5-8 minutes or they change colour at 175 degrees Celsius.

Serve with any dip of your choice.

Oregano and chilly flakes can be replaced with anything of your choice.



1 comment:

  1. great idea to use the corn tortillas and spice it too... Must be yum!

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog