" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Saturday, August 22, 2009

Simple Cabbage Fry

The only veggie i don't like eating is cabbage.My sisters and my mom like it a lot and i am the only one who hate cabbage in my house.After marriage my m-law used to cook cabbage in my house and it is my hubby's favourite.Till now i never made cabbage curry and other day hubby said it's been long i didn't eat cabbage,please make cabbage curry.Since he asked me i made this fry and vaguely remember the recipe.I gave it a try and for the first time in my cooking,cooked it without tasting it for salt.Hubby liked it a lot and ate the curry with flukas for the dinner.

Photobucket

Ingredients:-

Cabbage 1/2 kg chopped
Channa dal 1/2 cup (soaked for one hour)
Onions 1 chopped
Green chillies chopped
Oil 2 tbsp
Red chilly powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste

Seasoning:-

Rai 1/4 tsp
Udad 1/4 tsp
Red chilly 1 broken into two pc
Curry leaves few

Method:-

Boil cabbage and channa dal with turmeric for 7-8 minutes or until channa dal is soft enough.Sieve in a strainer and keep aside.Once cool squeeze water out.
Take a kadai,heat oil and add all the seasoning.When the seasoning splutter add onions and green chillies.
Saute onions till light brown in colour and cabbage,channa dal and salt.
Fry till cabbage turns colour and channa dal is fried .
Serve it with rotis or hot rice and sambar.

This curry is going to participate in the Side dish for chapathi event by viki of elite foods

12 comments:

  1. Varunavi,thats a small bowl of nutrition to cherish..yummy to the core..Love cabbage as well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummyyy...cabbage fry..liked the addition of channa dal..

    ReplyDelete
  3. My DH like this version of cabbage fry much very...simple and delicious..looks gud

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will ask my wife to try the recipe. Looks yummy.
    Not seen you in my blog for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice, simple and yummy recipe looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SAritha,Pls collect u'r award from my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and delicious, i too make in similar way :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow..it's simple and yum recipe...love that pic...

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog