" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vinayaka Chavathi

Photobucket


I never did Vinayaka chavathi alone and this is my first vinayaka chavathi which i did i alone without the guidance of my mom or my m-law.Last year i was fortunate to celebrate the festival with my mom who did puja and read ganesh story.After coming here to gulf i never got holidays on our festivals and there is no public holidays for our festivals.So i always used to go to work and my m-law who was staying with me used to do puja and in the evening i used to eat the delicacies.My friend sandhya gave me the sholkas to do the puja and mom told me how to make the delicacies.

Photobucket


Called up mom and took the recipe of undralu and kudumulu and made pasham which my m-law used to make it.That came out well but i am not sure of the measurement hence i wont be writing the recipe of pasham.


Photobucket

My girls

Undrallu


Ingredients:-


Rice flour 1 cup
Channa dal 2 tbsp (soaked for one hour)
Salt a pinch
Oil 1 tbsp
Water for making dough


Method:-


Make a hard dough with riceflour,channa dal,salt,oil and water.Make desired size balls and steam the way idles are steamed for 7-8 minutes.


Photobucket


Sweet version of undrallu


Ingredients:-



Rice flour 1 cup
Jaggery 1/4 cup
Water for making dough



Method:-


Make a hard dough with rice flour,jaggery and water.Make small size balls and steam the way idles are steamed for 7-8 minutes.


On the day of the festival we are supposed to see nine ganesh.In Hyderabad each and every lane ganesh idol are worshipped and we all used to visit nine ganesh.Now here i hardly know anyone who celebrate the festival,today i will blog hop and see ganesheshas in the other blogs.

28 comments:

  1. Happy Ganesh chathurthi to you and your family dear nice pic.every thing looks so tempting yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nice photos ! lord ganesh must have enjoyed it ! liked the photo of ur girls too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Vinayaka chathurthi.....nice one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pics dear....looks so yum all offering

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy ganesh chathurthi..u made it well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Vinayaka Chauti....Undrallu looks yummy...perfect in shape....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely dishes, nice pictures happy Vinayaka Chathurthi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Varuna,
    Thanks for the fb!
    I hadn't seen your blog and thanks for letting me know.. keep in touch! love to see your recipes.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy chathurthi.plz collect ur award from my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Varuna,

    Happy Ganesh Chathurthi !!! hope yo had a nice time with your family, so sweet girls.

    cheers
    rajani

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice pictures dear...nice decoration..yummy prasadams

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woww lovely pictures Saritha...Happy Ganesh chathurthi..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please do check my blog for my First cooked food event....do participate in it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pictures Varunavi...Happy Vinayaka Chavathi dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Ganesh chathurthi! Lovely prasadams ! cute Girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Ganesha festival... nice pictures

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy vinayaka chavithi...awesome treats

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Vinayaka chavathi dear. Delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Ganesh chathurth.Nice pics of pooja. YUmmy post

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have a blessed festival dear :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't see my comment, here, Saritha! Anyways, nice photos and the undrallus look delicious. God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice photos hope your family enjoyed the festival

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice pictures and a lovely post with yummy looking prasadams. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog