" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Thursday, November 05, 2009

Kandi Podi/Tur dal powder



Ingredients:-

Kandi pappu/Tur dal 1 cup

Endu mirapayaluDry red chillies 5-6 (can be altered according to taste)

Karivapaku/Dry curry leaves 10 leaves

Hing a pinch

Jelakara/Cumin 1 tsp

Uppu/Salt to taste

Method:-

Fry tur dal.Fry till nice aroma comes out and they are light brown in colour.

Then fry red chillies,curry leaves and hing.

Let all the ingredients cool.
Grind into a fine powder.

Serve with idly and dosa.I prefer eating this with hot rice and a dash of ghee.

9 comments:

  1. nice to have with hot rice....looks spicy too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Different podi ! I used to prepare thuvaiyal. Yep, you are right, love to have with hot rice and ghee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very different podi...looks spicy and tasty...I have to try this one...thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, I will ask my wife to prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kandi podi is new one to me, will try:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect with hot rice and dash of ghee.

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog