" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Monday, February 22, 2010

Coconut Rice

Photobucket

Ingredients:-
1 1/2 cup rice
1 Fresh Coconut
1 tbsp black gram dal
1 tbsp bengal gram dal
3 Green chillies
3 Red chillies
10 Cashewnuts
1 tbsp Mustard seeds
3 tbsp Oil
Pinch of Asafoetida (hing)
A few springs of curry leaves
Salt to taste

Photobucket
Method:-
Wash rice and cook with 11/2 cup water in pressure cooker.Spread the cooked rice on a plate and allow it to cool.
Grate coconut and break the red chillies into tiny bits.
Heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds,whey they splutter add green chillies,hing,black gram,bengal gram and cashewnuts.
Saute till the cashewnuts turn golden brown.Add curry leaves,saute for a couple of minutes and remove from fire.
Add the above seasoning to the rice.
Again take 1 tbsp of oil,when hot add grated coconut and saute till light brown colour.Add rice and salt.Mix well and serve hot.

18 comments:

  1. hi V,
    Lovely tasty and a peacful tasting rice I must say!! beautiful presentation...I enjoy this rice just about anytime ;)
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, yum! looks so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coconut rice looks yummy .Do drop by
    http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have this rice with just pickles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coconut rice is mmmm...! I can't resist the sight of it as I can'i stop drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its been a long ime since I dad this rice.This rice will occuoy my lunchbox atleast once in a week, during my school days. Miss it now...
    Very nice click

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rice looks delicious, love your picture too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rice looks so divine..yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice picture. Love this rice... looks mouthwatering Saritha :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so yummy...Never had this before

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coconut rice is the best thing to have with some ghee and a hot subzi!!! Comfort food!!!

    http://memoryarchieved.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. quick and easy rice ..like it

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite and comforting rice, looks excellent da:)

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog