Thursday, March 25, 2010
Aratikaya Vepudu/Raw Banana Fry
Raw banana 2
Onions chopped 1
Garlic flakes 2
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Cumin seeds ½ tsp
Black gram 2 tsp
Red chilly whole 1 (break into pcs)
Red chilly powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Curry leaves a few
Oil- 3 tsp
1. Peel the raw banana and cut it into round cirlces
2. Boil these cubes in a bowl by adding salt and turmeric
3. When the raw banana circles are cooked, drain the water and keep them aside.
4. Take pan and add oil. Let it heat up.Add mustards, cumin seeds,black gram,red chilly and curry leaves.
6.Add onions and fry till pink in colour.
7.Fry well and add banana.
8. Saute well and fry till raw-banana is turned into golden brown.
9. Crush garlic with red chilly powder and add it to the banana.
10.Saute well and serve as a side dish.