" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Chitla Podi (powder)/Roasted bengal gram dal/Dalia

Photobucket

Ingredients:-

Dry red chillies 8
Putnalu/Roasted bengalgram dal/Dalia
Dry coconut small pc
Salt to taste
Garlic 2
Cumin 1 tsp

Method:-

Mix all the ingredients and make powder but not so fine.It taste better if is coarsely grounded.

It usually eaten with dosa or sprinkled on the dosa and known as podi dosa.I love to eat this with hot rice and a dash of ghee.
This is the easiest powder to make,no frying nothing.Just gather all the ingredients and make powder out of it.This is my mom's recipe.

12 comments:

  1. ya, varunavi, this is so simple to make with few ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a no fuss podi ;) thanks for sharing the recipe dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember my mom....she makes this.yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thts something new to me...can u tell me how u use it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powder! It's tingling my senses here! Even makes me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love recipes like this...easy to make and yummy at the same time.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy and simply superb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes simple but very tastey love to have with hot rice and a few drops of gheeyummmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple and favourful dal powder, looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. where do you use this powder? nice recipe, don't know how to use it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very simple one but delicious and healthy one.

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog