" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Chole Bhature


Kids winter break started and i am on my toes to feed them. They are bored of eating the same stuff of dal,egg,rice,roti,curry and yogurt. I have to please them sometimes with puris (which i avoid eating). I remember once when i was pregnant with my first child i went to restaurant in Oman and ordered Chole Bhature , i never ate them before so wanted to try. When a plate was brought with a two huge bhature i felt other eaters at the restaurant were staring at my plate thinking how much hungry I am. Those Bhature was huge and I ate two without sharing them with hubby. After that I totally forget about them after leaving Oman.

The other day I was watching Sanjay Thumma's videos and i chanced upon Bhature recipe. This recipe is from VahRehVah.

And chole recipe is not the same which is served with Bhature, this is a different version which i saw in Sanjay Thumma's videos. I made little changes in the recipe.


Ingredients for Bhature

Maida/ All purpose Flour 2 cups
Sooji/Bombay rava 4 tbsp
Curd 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
Sugar 1 tbsp
Oil for deep frying
Water to make dough

Method:-

Mix all the ingredients and add enough water and make soft dough.Let the dough rest for 2-3 hours.

Make small rounds and flaten the rounds. Deep fry them each. Take bhature on a kitchen towel.

The sooji in the bhature made the puris fluffy and they remained like that for sometime.


Ingredients for Chole

Chickpeas 1 cup soaked over night
Cinnamon small stick 1
Onions 1 chopped
Green chillies 1 chopped
Tomatoes 1 chopped finely
Kashmir chilly powder 1 tbsp
Cumin powder 1tsp
Coriander powder 1tbsp
Garam masala 1 tbsp
Garlic 3 (crushed)
Fresh coconut grated 3 tbsp
Oil 3 tbsp

How to make the curry

Pressure cook chickpeas until soft with a small cinnamon stick. Strain and keep the water aside.

Now in pan take oil,when hot add onions and green chillies. Saute until onions turn into brown colour.

Add crushed garlic and tomatoes and salt. Cover and cook until tomatoes are soft enough.

Then add cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and kashmiri red chilly powder.

Let all the masala cook for 3-4 minutes.

In the mean while slight roast the grated coconut into light brown colour and keep aside until use.

Now add the boiled chickpeas along with the water. Take few chickpeas and crush them into smooth paste.Add this paste to the curry (this gives gravy to the curry).

Let chickpeas boil for sometimes until the gravy thickens. Just before switching the flame off add the grated and fried coconut into the curry.

Mix well and serve hot with Bhature.




4 comments:

  1. Love this combo...Looks super yum..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv this combo...my fav!..looks so delicious dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH BOY.. this reminds me of college .. yessssssssssssssss had so much cholle bhature there yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyy


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog