" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Saturday, December 15, 2012

Prawn Pulao

I am not much fan of sea food,the only fish i eat is Rogu,its a river water fish.I just love the taste of it.After coming here i never brought fish as mostly we get sea water fish which i don't like.But after coming here we are getting frozen prawns and kids love the fry i make.I blogged about the prawns fry here


The other day husband was not at home and daughter wanted to eat biryani and it was pretty cold out and i didn't dare to go out and get chicken.I had frozen prawns so i made this prawn pulao.This recipe i got it from my most treasured book "Kantamani Vantakalu".I carry this book where ever i go,it traveled with me which ever country i had been to. In school i didn't had telugu language and i the learnt only telugu alphabets.This book i am talking is in Telugu and i take my daughter's help to read it for me when husband is not around.Here is the recipe


Ingredients:

Prawns 1kg
Basmati rice 1 kg
Onions 4
Green chillies 8
Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
Milk 1 cup
Bay leaf 1
Cloves 6
Cinnamon 6 small pieces
Elachi 4
Mint leaves few
Coriander leaves few
Red chilly powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 1 cup

Method:

Wash prawns and mix prawns with little salt,turmeric powder and red chilly powder.On a medium heat let the prawns cook in its water until dry.

In a deep bottom pan pour oil.Add 3 cloves,3 cinnamon, elachi 2, bay leaf, onions and green chillies.Once onions and chillies are fried throw in mint leaves.Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a while until you think ginger garlic is cooked.

Then add the dried prawns mix well.

Add the rice to prawns.Mix well.Add enough salt.

Now pour  1 1/2 litre water (including milk).

Grind the rest left out cinnamon, cloves and cardamom into fine powder.

When the rice is half cooked,sprinkle the above masala powder and let the rice cook in low flame until done.

Serve hot.

3 comments:

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog