" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Thursday, January 16, 2014

Methi Mutter Paneer Malai


I just love paneer curries. I always browse net and my recipe books to find out paneer recipes. My blog has got few recipes which i make quite often. This recipe is a mixture of methi mutter malai and paneer. I cook paneer atleast weekly once and we all enjoy eating the curry with roti or paratha. I have peas paneer makhani in my blog. The recipe is almost similar but addition of methi leaves enhance its flavours.Here is the recipe:-


What you need ?

Paneer cubes 10-15
Peas 1 cup
Methi leaves (fenugreek leaves) 1/2 cup
Onion 2 (made into smooth paste)
Amchur powder 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Red chilly powder 1 tbsp
Malai (fresh cream) 3-4 tbsp
Onion 1 chopper finely
Oil 3 tbsp

How to prepare the curry??

Boil peas and drain water. Keep aside.

In a 1 tbsp of oil fry paneer until light brown colour and leave them in the water for 2-3 minutes. Drain water and keep aside.

In the same pan add the remaining oil. When hot add chopped onions. Fry until light brown colour.

Add ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder and amchur powder. Saute for a while.

Add onion paste. Saute until oil starts leaving the pan.

Then add chopped methi. Fry for 4-5 minutes. Add peas and again fry for 4-5 minutes.

Add salt and 1/4 cup of water. Let it cook for a while. Here the gravy thickens.

Now add paneer pieces. Mix well.

Lastly add malai and serve hot with roti or paratha.


3 comments:

  1. its on my list to try... looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paneer malai looks so delicious and mouthwatering. Excellent pics as well.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete




  3. This is quick & it looks beautiful too Delicious,love the colour of it..
    order online food delhi


    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog