" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Friday, January 30, 2009

Rava Idly

I ate rava idly for the first time after i got married.My m-law used to make the rava idly with MTR rava idly mix, which is very easy to make (just add curd to the mix and steam the idly).
I make this idly very regularly.The below recipe i got it from the net.It came out very soft.

Ingredients:-


Semolina (sooji) 1 cup

Mustard seeds(rai) few

Ginger chopped small piece

Channa dal 1/2 tsp

Green chillies 2 nos

Curd 1 cup

Oil 2 tbsp

Soda 1/4 tsp

Salt according to taste

Method:-

1.Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when seeds are popping,add channa dal,green chillies and giner.

2.Now add rava and mix well and switch off the stove.

3.Then add curd, soda and salt.Leave it for 30 minutes.The batter should be of normal idly batter consistency.

4.Grease idly stand and pour the batter and steam if for 12-15 mins.

5.Serve idly with putnalu chutney (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog