" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Monday, January 26, 2009

Rava Kesari (Sooji Halwa)

The halwa is very simple recipe and easy to make.I make it every thursday as prasad,i think it is an excuse for me to eat sweet.

Ingredients:-

Sooji (samolina) 1 cup
Sugar 1 1/2 cups
Water 1 cup
Elachi 2 nos
Food colour 1/4 tsp
Ghee 1/4 cup
Cashew and raisins

Method:

1.Heat ghee in kadai, fry raisins and cashew and keep aside.
2. In the same kadai, add the rava and fry in slow flame stiring continuously careful not to burn for 5 mins till the raw smell goes

3.Boil water, add the rava slowly continuosly stirring with one hand without forming lumps. Now add food colour.

4. When all the water gets absorbed and the rava is cooked well, start adding the sugar and keep stiring for some more time until it leaves the kadai5.Now add elachi,cashew and raisins.
I learnt it from my mom.cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog