" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Saturday, January 22, 2011

Kadhu Ki Kheer


I saw this recipe of kadhu ki kheer at zaiqa long back and it is very easy to make with very few ingredients.I made this on the sankranthi.

Ingredients:-

Kadhu/Soorakaya/Bottle gourd - 1 cup grated
Milk 2 1/2 cups
Milk powder 1/4 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Raisins few
Cashew few
Almonds few
Green cardamom 1
Ghee 1 tbsp

Method:-

Fry all the dry fruits in the ghee and keep aside.
Remove seeds from the bottle gourd and grate it
Heat milk in a thick bottom vessel.Let it boil for 5-6 minutes.
Mix milk powder in a little water and add it to the boiling milk and stir continuously
Then add grated bottle gourd,sugar and all the dry fruits.
Keep the flame in simmer and let it boil for another 5 minutes.
Serve hot or cold.



13 comments:

  1. Kheer looks soo creamy and delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kheer with bottle gourd??!!??!
    Wow!!
    Never knew :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @EC me too didn't know it until i saw it in Zaiqa.net,so thought of doing it.Very tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make this kheer very often this is delicious kheer:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bottle gourd kheer looks delicious. Thanks for visiting my blog. You have nice space, following you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments! I'm hosting an event called Kerala Kitchen on my blog featuring dishes inspired by Kerala and would love to have you over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kheer looks delicious. This is my favourite .

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely and yummy kheer
    thanks for stopping hope in future also

    ReplyDelete
  9. ummmm Creamy, delicious looking kheer looks so tempting......

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is very new for me, looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog