Got this recipe from a book which i own since long but never attempted it.When i did it came out very well.Will write about the book review soon for the event at EC.This recipe is not for the health conscious people.
Lady fingers (okra) 1 kg
Chickpea flour (besan) 1 cup
Red chilli powder 2 tbsp
Ajwain (caraway seeds) 1 tsp
Rice powder 2 tbsp
Coriender powder 2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Dry mango powder (amchur) 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying
- Wash and dry the okra
- Chop off heads and tails of the okra and slit lenghtwise into 4.
- Take 1/2 cup of besan and mix all the ingredients in a bowl except rice powder and oil.
- Add okra to the bowl,mix well and refrigerate for 2 hours
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup besan,rice powder and little salt and toss with okra.
- If the okra are too dry and besan is not sticking to it,sprinkle little water and mix it.
- Be carefull while mixing it.
- Deep fry in batches until crisp.
I have just copy pasted the recipe from the book and only addition i did is that i sprinkled little water as the bendi was too dry and besan was not sticking to it.