" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Monday, June 15, 2009

Healthy Ladoo

Last one week was very boring as my laptop has gone for a toss and i was not able to figure it out what went wrong.I changed the adapter and battery and at last hubby's friend took the laptop and fixed the errors.I was not able to read or comment on any of the blogs which i visit regularly and my apologies to everyone.

My elder daughter used to very thin and very bad eater.She just hates dal and vegetables.My younger sister gave me this ladoo recipe when i went to hyderabad and my kid liked it very much and i make it a point to give her one everyday.
What you need :-

Udat dal 1 cup
Peanuts 1/2 cup
Oats 1/2 cup
Rice 1/2 cup
Cashew 1/4 cup
Jaggery 1-2 cups (crushed) Quantity can be changed according to ones taste
Ghee 1-2 cups
How to make:-

*Fry all the above ingredients except jaggery and ghee.
*Remove skin of peanuts.Let all the ingredients cool.
*Make coarse powder of all the ingredients and add crushed jaggery and ghee.
*Make the laddoos by shaping the mixture between your palms into round balls
*Store in a air tight container.

30 comments:

  1. Wow - looks so yummy! And healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nutritious with all those ingredients... will try sometime for my kids...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow looks so yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Saritha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice way to make your daughter eat dal!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very yummy and healthy. Always love jaggery based sweets, they satisfy sweet cravings and are healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladoo looks very delicious, feel like eating some...ingredients are shallow fried right. recipe is easy.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx hcof,padma,aruna,superchef,shailaja,a2z and preeti :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. laddu looks so tempting and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanx uma,parathiba and pavitra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou for visiting my blog ...it made me land into this mouthwatering,delicious looking,tempting blog.....i am going to try this ladoos this weekend..will let you know how they turned out...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow realy avery healthy laddu saritha looks ayum yum yummy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kavitha welcome here and thanks for the lovely comments

    Thanx rekha

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! looks nutritious n delicious!
    join in the efm breakfast series going in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love ladoos, and this looks really healthy delicous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow my favourite...i will not add peanuts...will try this version...looks yum...Happy to see you back...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow,nice way of making kids eat healthy food...nice recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow ...indeed very healthy ladoos..good click.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this looks so delicious! And healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a healthy ladoo, Oats and peanuts wow that sounds absoultely yumy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks delicious.We call them Sathu Mavvu urundai/energy flour ladoos. It has some more good nuts and lentils in them. It can be had as a porridge too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a healthy and tasty ladooo..looks yummm!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. protein packed ladoos..looks delicious saritha..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Healthy one. Nice way to make kids to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow Saritha looks nutritious n this recipe helps me a lot in feeding Rithvik:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow thanks for sharing this recipe,I will try this for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  26. quantity of jaggery and ghee is too much it dosent make this recipe healthy (saturated fats from ghee)

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog