" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Thursday, April 09, 2009

Pesarapappu pappu/Moong dal

Ingredients:-

Yellow moong dal 1 cup
Onions 2
Garlic 4pods
Turmeric powder 1/4 tbsp
Green chillies 2
For seasoning:-
Oil 1tbsp
Rai 1/4 tsp
Udat dal 1/2tsp
Zeera 1/2tsp
Red chillies 3
Curry leaves few
Hing pinch

Preparation:-
  1. Soak moong dal for 1-2 hrs.
  2. Microwave high for 10-12 min along with chopped onions,green chillies,chopped garlic and turmeric.Cooking time depends upon the microwave.
  3. Add salt and mix well.
  4. Season the dal with red chillies,curry leaves,rai,udat dal,hing and zeera.

This is my mom's recipe and her fav dal.My mom cooks this dal with 2cups of water on a slow flame,until cooked.This goes well with hot rice and avakaya(mango pickle) and can be eaten with hot rotis.You can replace red chillies with red chilli powder.I want the dal in yellow colour so i didnt use red chilli powder.

29 comments:

  1. ummm yummy memu deenni tiyya pappu antamu yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,
    pretty easy to do in mc.
    good snap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome here Randy furco
    Thanx lubna,rekha and sharada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious! Simple dal is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dal looks delish Varunavi...:D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easy n simple dal..looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quick and easy dal in mw. looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adding lemon juice gives it more taste..I make charu with it varunavi..looking delicious..Easy and yummy dal..

    ReplyDelete
  9. i never tried this varunavi..i can smell from here nice aroma from pappu:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice color and I too make the same thing but I try and add green like spinach or some veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum yum. I want to have this with hot rotis :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so good and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. give me some of this dal and rice anytime of the day and im a happy camper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yummy & healthy dhal...great combo with roti..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely color... Looks perfect... First time here you have a vivid collection of recipes... I liked your Onion rice too...

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is our fav too. we call this pesara kattu. yummy that too with hot rice....yummmmm

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Varunavi,
    It's a great comforting food. I cook it on slow flame and it tastes so wonderful :) Thanks Varunavi for the microwave method...more so for it's time saving...Enjoy!
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  18. we call this pesarakattu....I prepared this for today's lunch...good to find it here..

    ReplyDelete
  19. we call this pesarakattu....I prepared this for today's lunch...good to find it here..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice to hear that your little one is meeting her grand ma..Happy moments kada...

    ReplyDelete
  21. My fav too.. Like mom's recipe Varunavi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Partibha welcome here
    @Ramya Vijaykumar welcome here

    Thanx a lot to all of you

    Yes pooja my dtr is very happy.....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simple & yummy:) Nice click

    ReplyDelete
  24. daal looks yummy & healthy. easy to make in MW

    ReplyDelete
  25. simple dal always makes me happy.. nice color

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog