" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Simple Alo Kurma/Simple Potato curry

This kurma is my mom's recipe.This recipe is tried and tested many times.In this recipe there is no need to fry the masala,onions or potatoes. Believe me the taste is haven.........
Ingredients:-
Potatoes 4
Onions 1
Green chillies 2
Coriander powder 1/2tbsp
Ginger garlic paste 1/2tbsp
Curd 1/2 cup
Red chilly powder 1/2tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Salt as per paste

Masala

Fresh coconut 1/4 cup(grated)
Cinnamon 1 small piece
Cloves 2
Khus-khus 1 tsp
Make a fine paste of the above ingredients and keep aside.
How to make it:-

*Mix all the ingredients with the grounded masala with little water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.The no of whistles depends upon on the pressure cooker used.I served this with puri.
Btw my mom has got a visa and she will be joining us here in UAE on this 30th.More than me my kids are excited about her coming here.
Khus-khus is optional.In this country khus-khus is banned,so i used cashew nuts and roasted Channa dal (putnalu pappu).

11 comments:

  1. yuhoooo, exquisite pleasure affording dish... so are the puris they ahve puffed up really well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple ga chala bagundi Varunavi..Its tiffin time here..You are tempting me with that poori and curry..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious dish, love the spicy masala ingredients. Good one V!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloo kurma hmmmmmmm......yeah r the pooris or rotis ready yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favourite dishes..My mom makes it in a similar way and as you said, though simple its very delicious! At home we have with Appams. Nice Post...makes me remember my childhood days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...u r tempting me with the perfect puris and aloo kurma Varunavi...looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow so simple. looks yummy. will try.,

    ReplyDelete
  8. poori with kurma is my fav..chala chala baagundi varunavi..i will send tulip pics today!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats a very good substitute for my usual masala! Looks yumm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @RAmya thanx
    @Pooja thanx
    @Asha thanx
    @Aruna thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pooja,Deepa,Mahima,lavanya and priya thanx

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog