Grated carrots 1/2 cup
Coconut fresh (grated) 5tbsp
Mustard seeds few
Green chillies 2
Bay leaves few
Canola oil 3 tbsp
- Heat oil,add rai,clove,cinnamon and bay leaf, saute for few mins.
- Add onions and green chillies saute till onions are brown in colour.
- Then added grated coconut and fry till the coconut is brown in colour.
- Add grated carrot and mix throughly.
5. Take rice in a bowl add the above mixure and salt.Mix well and add water.For 1 cup rice add 1 1/2 cup water.(amount of water depends on the rice variety.Microwave high for 15mins or until done.
My kid1 likes carrot a lot.She is very fussy eater so i always try to include carrot in her diet.I made carrot rice before but the addition of coconut is new.Coconut gave the rice the nutty flavour.It is a instant hit,both my kids loved it.They both don't like the routine rice and dal,they prefer something like this.I served carrot coconut rice with carrot raita.Carrot rice is very simple to make.Just mix gratted carrot,curd,salt and chat masala.
Enjoy lunch with us.........................