Onions 2 (big)
Bay leaf 2
Red chillies 3
Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
Coriander powder 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Canola oil 3 tbsp
For masala paste:-
Fresh coconut (grated) 1/2 cup
Fried Onion 1
Bay leaf 1
Pepper corns 6-7
Big elachi 1
Make a fine paste of the above.
- Heat oil,add all the masala and fry till brown in colour.
- Add red chillies and onions,saute till onions are brown in colour.
- Add mutton pieces,ginger garlic paste,salt,red chilly powder and turmeric powder
- Cover and cook till the curry is dry.
- Now add the above masala paste and mix thoroughly.
- Add coriander powder and cook till the masala coats the pieces and oils comes out.
- Now add enough water and pressure cook until the pieces are soft.I prefer cooking in pressure cooker as the meat i get here is different from what i get in hyderabad.So, i pressure cook for 5-6 whistles.
This is my mom's dish.The fried onions in the masala gives a different flavour to the curry.My mom is coming here for a holiday,will get her to cook and will post her recipes soon.
Till then enjoy my curry.....