" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gunta Ponganalu

punugulu

Ever since i am here ponganalu has been daily snacks to school for my kids.Usually these prepared with the left over dosa/idly batter but i use the fresh batter,infact the dosa batter which i prepare twice a week is used to prepare ponganlu or punugulu.Ponganalu is the healthier version of punugulu which are deep fried.I have bloged about punugulu here and here.To prepare this you need ponganalu gunta which is widely available and now prestige has a non-stick ones.

Ingredients:-

Dosa batter
Onions 1 finely chopped
Green 2 chillies finely chopped
Ginger 1/2" pc finely chopped
Coriander leaves few finely chopped

punugulu


Method:-

Apply oil to each depression and let it get hot while you prepare the batter.
Mix onions,green chillies,ginger and coriander leaves to the dosa batter.
Add salt and mix well.
Once the ponganalu gunta is hot enough pour each small laddle full of batter.
Now reduce the flame to low and cover with a lid.
After 5 minutes flip over and cook it 2-3 minutes without lid.

Serve hot/cold with chutney.I served with karivepaku podi (curry leaves powder)

12 comments:

  1. I love guntaponganalu...looks good..even I have a similar pan like urs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ponganalu chala bagunnayi... Looks perfect and yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My all time favorite ... lovely it looks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks mouthwatering.this is my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mouthwatering recipe..love to have it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy....My kids love them too. Tat too with spicy tomato chutney..YUM!!!

    Shobha

    ReplyDelete
  7. They looks so perfect ...my all time favorite

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really sounds great dear. I am looking for this pan. Someone suggested Amazon.com, so will look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. always a favourite..looks yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this lovely indian recipes

    ReplyDelete
  11. very delicious snack.. gunta ponganalu - best with tea really good one

    ReplyDelete
  12. they came out perfect..lovely recipe !

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog