" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Friday, August 13, 2010

Masala Upma

upma

 
I love upma done by mom which is in semi solid form.She takes more water than required to get that semi solid and i always eat upma with ghee and sugar.I never used to eat upma done by anyone other than my mom  but after my marriage i started eating upma made by m-law,i just love it.This is her recipe of adding masala and tomatoes to upma.Here goes the recipe :-


Ingredients:-

Semolina/Sooji/Bombay rava/upma rava  1 cup
Water 1 1/2 cup
Tomtatoes 1 chopped
Onions 1 chopped
Green chillies 2 chopped
Ginger 1'' pc finely chopped
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste

For seasoning/tempering/tadka

Oil 3 tbsp
Mustard/Rai 1/2 tsp
Udat dal 1/4 tsp
Channa dal 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves few


How to make masala upma

In a skillet take oil and add all the seasonings .When they splutter add onion and green chillies.
Saute till onion are fried.Then add ginger pcs.
Saute for another 2 minutes.
Now add tomatoes.
Cook till tomatoes are mashed and fried well.
Then add garam masala and red chilly powder.Saute for another 2 minutes.
Add rava.Saute till rava changes colour.
Then add water slowly,continously stirring with one hand,this avoids formation of lumps.
Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Serve hot with any pickle of your choice.

14 comments:

  1. the upma looks so good and deliicous nice color

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masala Upama looks delicious ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty much my preparation minus the turmeric powder. Love the color with turmeric powder :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks tasty and colorfull...my comfort food

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is our favourite weekend breakfast, looks so good. Adding garam masala is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tasty looking upma. Even I prepared Upma for bfast just now. Mine has carrots and potatoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lov eupma and ths just makes me hungry and i just had my bland breakfast of bread and nutella. Wish i had this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Masala upma looks interesting and delicious.. thanks for the recipe.. yumm !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was lovely...recipe... love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first time here, love your header picture

    ReplyDelete
  11. Upma Looks super yummy. Loved the addition of garam masala in it. Great preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice color...I too add little garam masal in it. Looks yummy
    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog