" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Monday, February 23, 2009

Dondakaya/Tindora/Ivy Gourd stuffed fry

Ingredients:-

Dondakaya /Tindora/Ivy Gourd 8 nos

For stuffing:-

Besan/Senagapindi 5-6 tbsp

Red chilly powder 1 tsp

Coriander powder 1 tsp

Salt as per taste

Olive oil 5-6 tbs

Method:-

  1. Boil Tindora with enough water and little salt for 5-8mins or until soft.
  2. Put through sieve and make a cut lengthwise leaving the edges.
  3. Mix all the ingredients for stuffing.
  4. Stuff the mixture of besan in the tindora and shallow fry on a tawa until golden colour.

The above stuffing can be used to stuff brinjals and small capsicum.My mom does that.Recently I watched a show where the chef stuffed it in ivy gourd.I thought out giving it a try and lol they came out very well.


12 comments:

  1. Wow spicy and yummy. Will try this version....Bookmarked...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kitchen flavours thanks for the quick comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a tindora fan but the filling certainly is my fave. I add amchoor too but I am sure two or three from that plate will definitely be a great appetizer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks awesome.. Stuffing tindora is new to me.. Will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kitchen flavours adding amchoor is a great idea,will do it next time
    @Anusriram Thanks anu do try it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's the way to serve veggies, stuffed and fried... Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time i m hearing abt stuffed tindora, great entry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stuffed tindora...looks grate...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Dondakai fry looks great..Never tried stuffing..Looks so delicious..

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog