Milk 1 1/2 cup
Sugar 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence 2 drops
Custard Powder 2 tbsp
Sugar for caramel 1 tsp
- Mix egg and sugar until creamy
- Add milk little by little and mix well.
- Add custard powder to the milk and mix well.Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Take 1tsp of sugar in the custard mould(if you don't have custard mould than use any steel utensil will do) with 1 tbsp of water.Keep over a low flame and cook till sugar becomes brown and charred.
- Mask the sides of the mould with the caramel
- Pour the milk and egg mixture and cut the bread into four and put on the egg mixture.
- Cover the mould and pressure cook till you get 3 whistle.
- Unmould and serve.
This is my m-law's recipe.Sometimes i dont use custard mould,i just use the steel utensil.
Enjoy my carmel custard...........................