Few days back i saw this cake in farida's blog,from that day i wanted to try the cake.But was not sure how it will come.Some how today i gave it a try and lol it came out very well.First when i saw this cake i thought it is very difficult to make but farida has explained it so well that i didnt commit any mistake.She has given very good photo tutorial and her explanation is very simple to understand.Thanks farida for the lovely cake.I took the same ingredients mentioned by her but i have reduced the egg to two.
All Purpose flour 2 cups
Sugar 1 cup
Canola oil 1 cup
Milk 1 cup
Baking powder 1tsp
Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
Dark Cocoa powder 2 tbsp ( Cadbury's Cocoa powder)
- Mix flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Beat egg with a beater until fluffy. Add vanilla essence. Beat for 2 min.
- Add milk, oil and beat for another 1 min.
- Now add the batter to the flour and mix thoroughly with a wooden spatula.
- The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts.Mix cocoa powder in one part thoroughly.
- Grease the tin with oil and dust it with flour.
- Take a ladle full of plain dough and pour it in the center and then pour ladle full cocoa batter on top of the plain flour.Don't wait till the batter spreads,keep on pouring the batter alternatively.
- Bake at 220 degree for 70 minutes.Check with a toothpick when inserted comes out clean then the cake is done.
- Cool it on a rack.
Please check farida's blog for this cake she has explained it very well.My daughters loved it so much.My younger child who is 22months old says ze ze cake for zebra cake.