- Fry Cinnamon,cloves,then add onions,green chillies and curry leaves.
- When onion turns pink in colour add tomatoes.Cook till tomatoes start leaving the oil.
- Now add ginger garlic powder and saute till the ginger garlic leaves the raw smell.
- Then add sausages and saute for another minute.Now cover and cook till it is semi dry and sausages are cooked well.
- Add semiya (vermicelli) and mix thoroughly.Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water (i added for 1 glass of semiya 1 1/2 glass of water).
- Cover and cook till the semiya is cooked and water has dried.
- Last add pepper powder and mix thoroughly.
I saw this recipe in a magazine in muscat, from then i make this upma very regularly.Before i saw this recipe my upma was always a disaster.Always i used to get lumps or it used to get burned.I thank the person who wrote the recipe in that magazine.
Enjoy my semiya sausages upma.............................