I got inspiration to make this cake from the post of eggless walnut cake of rekha's kitchen.I took the original recipe from aayi's kitchen eggless cake.I twisted the recipe and used wheat flour.
Wheat Flour 1 cup
Dates(khajoor) 18 dates
Milk 3/4 cup
Sugar 3/4 cup
Oil 1/2 cup
Baking soda 1/4tspMethod:-
- Soak dates in warm milk for 2-3hours ( i used fresh dates)
- Grind it to fine paste with sugar.Add oil and milk,mix thoroughly.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and slowly add the above mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle walnuts on the top.
- Preheat oven to 230 c and bake for 45 minutes and check with a tooth pick and if it comes out clean then the cake is done.
- Cool it on a wire rack.