" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Monday, March 23, 2009

Egg curry


Ingredients:-

Eggs 4 (boiled)

Tomatoes 4 (big)

Onions 1

Green chillies 2

Zeera 1/2 tbsp

Coriander powder 1/2 tbsp

Garam masala powder 1/2tsp

Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp

Red chilly powder 1/2 tbsp

Turmeric 1/4 tbsp

Oil 2 tbsp

Salt as per taste

Method:-

  1. Boil eggs and remove yellow part.Slice eggs and keep it aside
  2. Make tomato paste with two tomatoes and keep it aside
  3. Heat oil,add zeera and onions and fry until onions are brown in colour.
  4. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till ginger garlic are cooked.
  5. Then add tomatoes and saute for 3-4 min and add tomato paste,saute for another 3-4min
  6. Add turmeric powder,green chillies,red chilly powder,coriander powder,garam masala and salt.
  7. Cook till tomatoes leaves oil.Then add sliced eggs and saute very gently so that egg doesn't break.Cook till the gravy coats the egg slices.
  8. If required add little water.I added water because i wanted some gravy to be eaten with rice,if this curry in made for rotis then no need to add water.

This egg curry goes to Event for Eggs hosted by Here I Cook

I got this recipe from a tv show.

24 comments:

  1. Sliced eggs are new to me, looks most delicious. I always add whole eggs, these look gorgeous, will try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to taste this egg curry like asha said sliced aggs are new to me also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice recipe will try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks different tha routine ones

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recipe sounds new and great...got to try this...my husband loves egg curry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Egg curry looks yummy Varunavi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. egg slices are cute..nice cury with white shell..my friend used to make this way!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice recipe....my husband and daughter both loves eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmmhh egg curry looks delicious....I am sure gonna try this one :D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the egg slices in the egg curry...makes it look differnet from the regular egg curry!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how u've sliced the eggs. I usually just halve them. Curry looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking so lovely varunavi..I never cut eggs like this..will try this next time..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious...I too make it this way. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,
    Varunavi the slicing has done it all! :) must say well done and tempting looking dish! u've turned many heads by the slicing egg method....cool!clap clap clap and a 10/10 from me :)
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sliced egg curry looks yummy Varunavi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sliced egg curry lookz fabulous dear, never tried by slicing eggs..will give a try..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like the sliced egg pieces and the dryish dish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Egg curries are always so good accompaniment with rice or rotis. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The way you have cut the eggs are neat. I normally add them halved or whole for fear of separating the yolks from the whites.
    I love this curry.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your egg curry looks appetizing. Another egg curry recipe to try is at Egg Curry

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks delicious! surprised that u r not adding yolk for egg curry! how about dipping the yolk in gravy( with lotz of water) @ the end? even i love to slice egg like u did. but i dont want to skip yolk in my curry :)

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog