There won't be anyone who doesn't like palak panner.I used to eat almost everyday when i was pregnant with my 1st child.I make this curry very often and keep on doing some or the other experiments.I don't use tomatoes as my doctor cousin told me not to combine tomatoes and palak, when eaten together they form stones hence my version of palak panner doesn't have tomatoes.
Palak 2 cups(chopped)
Kasuri menthi 4-5 tbsp
Panner 10-15 small cubes
Zeera 1 tbsp
Clove 1Garam masala 1/2 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1/4 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tbsp
Lemon juice 2tbsp
- Chop onions and fry till onions turn pink in colour.Cool it and grind to a fine paste
- Blanch palak and kasuri menthi and grind it to smooth paste.
- Deep fry panner cubes and keep aside.
- Heat oil add clove,Cinnamon,zeera and ginger garlic paste.Saute till ginger garlic paste is cooked.
- Add brown onion paste and saute till oil comes out.
- Add salt,garam masala powder and red chilly powder.Saute for 2 mins.
- Then add palak paste and if needed add little water.
- Cook on a low flame for 3-4mins and add panner cubes
- Cook till gravy is little thick.
- Just before serving add lemon juice.